Political Campaigns and Advocacy Groups can Specifically Target Registered Voters on the Internet with TV Spots
WASHINGTON, D.C. — October 5, 2010 — Today CampaignGrid, LLC announced the immediate launch of VideoGrid, the revolutionary voter targeted video ad network. For the first time ever, political TV spots can be targeted online directly to specific registered voters with known party affiliation in precise geographical locations to follow congressional district lines, states and specific buildings or neighborhoods. To do this, Grid has mapped every registered voter in the United States to the Internet and uses party registration, voter history and demographics to target online video messages.
CampaignGrid’s disruptive technology changes the landscape of modern political and advocacy campaigns because they may now:
- Reach over 110 million monthly unique visitors and over one third of all 185 million registered voters in the United States.
- Serve video ads on over 1,400 brand safe sites, including YouTube, Yahoo, Fox News Channel, CNBC, MSNBC, Hulu and The Weather Channel.
- Reach registered voters with specified party affiliation or demographic characteristics only in the exact target geography.
- Accurately measure voter interest including how many people watch the political TV spot, how long they watched and full completion rates.
- Use all types of video ads including pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll, in-stream and in-banner.
“We built VideoGrid because election campaigns are using 1970’s technology to target voters on television and in the mail. A large segment of the voting population changes the channel and throws out the mail from their politicians, resulting in wasted campaign funds. Another large group of voters watch TV online or rent apartments and cannot be reached by the old methods. Now that almost half of US households get their political news online, we expect advertising to migrate to where people spend their time,” said CampaignGrid’s CEO, Jeff Dittus.
Founded in 2008, CampaignGrid, LLC is the leading data driven, online advertising platform for candidates and causes and has offices in Washington DC. and Fort Washington, PA. Via its sister companies FrankingGrid and World Benefactor, CampaignGrid allows campaigns, members of congress, advocacy and non-profit groups to precisely target their audiences on the internet and on mobile phones.